Sure, security is important, but some user simply does not care that much about their PCs or have nothing important on it. This kind of person is annoyed by the fact that Windows requires a password every time you try to sign in. Are you that kind of person? If so, this article is for you. It will tell you how to remove login password in Windows 10 every time you sign in.
Remove Login Password in Windows 10
This section is for those with local accounts. In other words, if you use Microsoft Account to sign in, skip this part.
- Open Settings using Win + I shortcut. Go to Accounts – Sign-in options. To make things go faster, hit Win + R and enter ms-settings:signinoptions. This command launches the Settings’ section we need right now.
- Locate the Password option and click Change.
- Enter your current password, then click Next.
- Leave all three fields blank. This will remove login password in Windows 10. Next time you sign in, Windows will automatically get you to the Desktop without asking any passwords.
Now, let’s talk about those with Microsoft Accounts. For your information, this also works with regular accounts so you can use it too to disable login password in Windows 10.
- We need a special tool called User accounts. No need to go through the jungles of old rusty Control Panel. All you need to do is hit Win + R on your keyboard and enter netplwiz. Press Enter and you will get a small window with the options you need.
- In the list of users, select the one you want to remove login password. Next, uncheck User must enter a user name… Press Ok.
- Obviously, Windows will ask you to provide your credentials. If you use a local account, enter your user account name and password. If you use Microsoft Account, enter the email address of your profile.
- Done. Now Windows won’t ask you to enter password next time you turn on your PC.
How to Remove User Password in Windows 10 when a PC Wakes from Sleep
If you use the second option to remove the login password in Windows 10, your PC will still be asking you for a password when you lock the computer or put it to the sleep. To prevent a PC from doing this, do the following:
- Press Win + I on your keyboard to initiate the Settings app. Go to Accounts – Sign in options. Also, you can use the same command we used in the very first section of this article.
- The option you need is called Require sign-in. It is responsible for locking your PC if you’ve been away from a PC for some time. Select Never from the drop-down menu.
That’s it. Now your PC is free from passwords and won’t bother you with prompts to enter a password every time you turn on a PC or wake it up from the sleep. And just to make things clear, we recommend maintaining a balance between strict security and lack of any. Use Windows Hello PIN to sign in faster. This won’t take much time but at the same time give you an additional layer of security. Sure, now it is up to you how to use passwords in Windows 10. At least, now you know how to delete login password in Windows 10.