Most of the people who are iPhone users keeps their backup stored in their computer. But sometimes when they try to restore their iPhone using that backup, they are unable to perform that restore due to some reason. That reason can be anything it can be because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone that is being restored or it can be be due to any error occurred. So here we are with the useful genuine method on how To Fix iTunes Could Not Restore The iPhone. But before sharing you how to fix it, let me tell you how that message looks and what is the reason behind that.
What Is Error ” iTunes Could Not Restore The iPhone “?
Well this error is not rare and it happens to many iPhone users who try to restore their iPhone. So here we are to tell what is the reason behind iTunes could not restore the iPhone. Actually this because of many reasons. It can be due to outdated version of iTunes. Or it can be due to outdated version of iPhone you are trying to restore. So as you see this is not because of a single reason. It is because of allot of different reasons so to fix it we need to follow different methods and check which one helps you. It looks like when it appears on the screen.
iTunes could not restore the iPhone “Your Name’s iPhone” because the backup was corrupt or not compatible with the iPhone that is being restored.
iTunes could not restore the iPhone because the error occurred.
How To Fix It?
As told before that this error occurs not because of a single reason and it could happen to anybody who tries to restore the iPhone. So here we are with the some useful methods which will definitely help you. Please let us know which method helps you in the comment section.
Method 1 : Update iTunes
This is one of the common trick and is helpful to allot of users. So before trying any other thing, try to update your iTunes version and then try to restore your iPhone.
All you have to do is to click on ” Check For Updates ” in the iTunes menu in Mac and Help menu in Windows.
Method 2 : Update the iPhone
As you know apple is very strict about it’s iOs versions. So whenever you create a backup of your iPhone, it also note down your iOS version. So whenever you try to restore the iPhone, it checks for the iOS version. So Firstly try to update your iPhone and then try to restore it using that backup.
All you have to do is to click on ” Check For Update ” under ” Your Name’s iPhone ” in iTunes to update your iPhone.
Method 3 : Refresh iPhone And iTunes
This method is quite complex and you have to do allot of work and it is one of the effective method which helps you to fix this iTunes Could Not Restore The iPhone.
- For Windows :
- Go to : Documents and Settings –> User –> Application Data –> Apple Computer –> MobileSync –> Backup.
- Copy all the file from here to a secure location.
- Now open iTunes and connect your iPhone and click on Restore iPhone.
- This will update and restore the iPhone. Give your iPhone the same name as before.
- Make everything similar to the previous iPhone.
- Just click on Sync + Backup.
- Go to : Documents and Settings –> User –> Application Data –> Apple Computer –> MobileSync –> Backup and copy the name of backup file and put it on to the file which you have initially moved.
- Now Go to : that secure location directory and copy all the file and paste them at that location shown above. But before that move the newly created file to somewhere else.
- Now normally restore the backup in iTunes.
- For Mac :
- Everything is similar as in Windows Section with a minor difference of directory. This directory in Mac case is
- Volumes –> <your_Macintosh_HD> –> Users –> <your_user> –> Library –> iTunes or
- Volumes –> <your_Macintosh_HD> –> Users –> <your_user> –> Library –> Application Support –> MobileSync –> Backup
Hope that this method will help you in restoring the iPhone without any difficulty and you will successfully restore your iPhone.