Perhaps Bluestacks is one of the most famous and popular Android emulator allowing you to run applications for this mobile platform on PC and Mac without having to install a full virtual environment of Android. Using Bluestacks App Player you can play any Android apps on your computer. A very serious drawback of Bluestacks is the lack of such basic settings as changing the screen resolution, the amount of RAM used. However, these settings can be changed using small registry tweaks.
Bluestacks resolution is one of the things which is to be resized and changed when required. In this tutorial, we will show you how to change Bluestacks resolution in Windows or how to resize Bluestacks on your computer. Follow the below steps carefully.
How to Change Bluestacks Resolution?
If you don’t have Bluestacks installed in your Computer, download it from here.
- Open Windows Registry Editor by press Win+R keys and type regedit;
- In the left pane expand the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Guests\Android\FrameBuffer\0
- 9 rows of values appear in the right column. We are interested in only four of them: WindowWidth, WindowHeight (describes the width and height of visible window); and GuestWidth, GuestHeight (Guest window sizes or resolution in Android);
- The size of the window (WindowWidth and WindowHeight) determines how much space the emulator window will occupy on the screen. If at this moment it takes all the possible place on the Desktop, then we will not increase these parameters (in our case WindowWidth=1680 (decimal), WindowHeight=1050(decimal), but you can increase/decrease this value if need);
- It often happens that you need to change the internal emulator resolution. Increase the values of GuestWidth to 1680 and GuestHeight to 1050 (depending on your screen resolution);
- As a rule, the internal and external resolution of the window must coincide;
- Restart the BlueStacks emulator by clicking on the tray icon and selecting Exit. Then run the BlueStacks again and check new resolution;
- If the screen resolution does not suit you, again change the value of registry parameters described above.
If you need change the amount of RAM available to BlueStacks, open the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\BlueStacks\Guests\Android\ and change the value of Memory parameter. Here you need to specify not more than a half of the available physical memory of your computer (in MB).