Since the release of Windows 10 Mobile many users started facing with Outlook problem: no matter what you are doing, you can’t make mail and calendar live tiles to show updates. In this case your Calendar tile shows wrong date even after the phone hard reset, but your lock screen usually shows calendar event and counts new email properly. Until now Microsoft didn’t fix this issue.
How to make mail and calendar live tiles to show updates?
Almost all time this issue occurs due to incorrect updating from Windows Phone 8.1 to Windows 10 Mobile. Some of the system files has been damaged and even hard reset can’t solve the problem and fix those files. The only solution to fix Outlook mail and calendar live tiles updating issue is to fully reinstall the application.
Important: TechCrises is not responsible for any damage of your smartphones in case of implementing these instructions, so do it at your own risk.
Follow the instructions bellow:
- Interop Unlock your phone.
- Install beta version of Interop Tools. We need exactly beta version, because only this version have the needed functionality.
- Open Interop Tools. Choose This Device, after that tab on Applications. Go left and then to Package List. Type in Outlook in the search field.
- Most likely, you will see a few packages with the same name on your smartphone. They are responsible for different components of the application. To make sure you have found exactly Mail and Calendar, click on one if it. Check if its Name is set to Microsoft.WindowsCommunicationsApps.
- Now go back to the application list and find the needed program again. Press on one the packages and hold it until new button Uninstall will appear. Click on it and wait until the page will reload. Make the same steps for all the packages left. It is possible, that some of them will be deleted automatically.
- Now go to Store, type in Mail in the search field, download and install application again (you can use link https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrfhvqm).
Our congratulations! Now your Outlook mail and calendar tiles must updating automatically. Hope this was useful!