How To Fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones : Most of the Windows are now operated by Microsoft and it is one of the major industry. Even the close competition to Windows Phones is with Android and iOS which are one of the most operated Operating System in the world. Microsoft Windows now have control over most of the Windows Phones. As every one know Windows OS is used by wide population in the world. But still Windows have some bugs which can not be neglected. So here, we’ll tell you on How To Fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones which is faced by allot of people in the Windows Phone users. Well, this is a new error experienced by allot of users and they are worried as they are unable to check for updates in their windows phones. So here we are with a Fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones.
This Windows Phone Error Code 80072f8f appears like this on your screen :
We are currently unable to check for updates. (80072f8f)
How To Fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones : Solved
You don’t have to worry as i have come up with the solution. Here is an article on “How to Fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones” which would solve your problem. I am sharing few methods to fix Error Code 80072f8f as there is no specific fix or solution to this Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones. Follow these methods until the windows phone error Code 80072f8f gets solved.
Methods to Fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones :
Method 1 : Manually Set Date And Time.
Date and time are the two factors which are very important when you are updating or installing any app. So here first thing you have to do is to Cancel all the updates and installs.
- Close all the application running in the background.
- After closing all the applications, go to date and time settings under the settings menu.
- Change the automatic option to manual. change the time according to the time zone.
- Turn Off the Automatic option.
- Now Set the Date and time and update your Windows phone.
Method 2 : Soft Reset the Device (No Data Erased)
To perform a soft reset on your windows phone. All you have to do is to follow below steps.
- Close all the applications and any other process in the background.
- Press the Volume Down Button + Power Button for 10-15 seconds.
- Phone will automatically switch off and restart which will perform a soft reset.
- Do not Slide down to Power Off.
This is a method for soft reset and in most of the cases it will Fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones without any problem.Even if this method is unable to fix this Windows Phone error code 80072f8f then you should try the below method.
Method 3 : Microsoft Account Sync
This process will tells us what exactly is the problem with the device. All you have to do is to force the Microsoft account sync which can be done using the steps below.
- Go to : Settings –> Email + Account.
- Now Tap and hold Microsoft Account –> Tap on Sync.
- As the syncing will be completed it will prompt you if any error message appears.
- If not, Do the below method else comment the error message.
Method 4 : Reset the Phone.
This a method which will refresh your Windows Phone And it will definitely remove and fix Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones. Make sure before the reset you should make a complete backup of your device which will be helpful even when you’ll lose all your data. This Backup will be restored in your Phone once the Reset is done. Process of Backup of Windows Phones is also Shown Below.
Backup Windows Phone :
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “Backup”.
- Now Tap on “Apps + settings“.
- To Backup Your Settings, Tap on “Settings Backup”.
- To Backup Your Apps, Tap on “App Backup”.
Reset The Phone
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “About”.
- Tap on “Reset your Phone”.
- Now, two warning would prompt on your screen. Just tap “Yes” and move forward.
- You have successfully “Reset your Phone”.
Note : Make Sure you are connected to WiFi while Restoring.
Restore the Backup
- Set up your phone after Reset.
- Sign in using the same Microsoft account you used when you created your backup.
- When you’re prompted to restore your phone, tap on the backup you created just before Resetting Your Phone, then tap “Next”.
- If you’re asked to verify your account, provide the necessary security code and other options, then tap on “Next”.
- Wait for the restore to complete, then tap on “Next“.
- Enter passwords for your restored accounts, then tap on “Next”. And You have successfully reset your phone without losing any data.
Now, Error Code 80072f8f in Windows Phones has also been solved.