Windows 10 Mobile (as its desktop version too) has a lot of stuff to monitor and send system data during OS functioning. However, telemetry functions is much more visible on smartphones, since they are using some part of phone system resources and battery. In case you don’t want to use telemetry on your phone, it will be useful for you to know how to disable telemetry in Windows 10 Mobile.
Important: TechCrises is not responsible for any damage of your device in case of implementing these instructions, so do it at your own risk.
So, you need to make a few changes to your devices registry. Keep in mind that these operations have as positive moments, as negative too.
- Your smartphone can increase its performance because of system resources won’t be used for monitoring and sending system data
- You can increase your battery life by implementing these instructions
- In case you don’t like when someone is spying on you, this guide can help you to be sure that nobody is having access to your personal data
- You won’t be able to get and use the latest OS builds after using this guide. Perhaps, you will need to reset all settings to fix this.
- Changes may be unrecoverable. It is possible that you won’t be able to enable some settings again without hard reset of your device.
- In case you will face with some critical bugs, the data which OS is usually reporting to Microsoft, won’t be sent. For example, when you experience random reset, developers from Microsoft won’t be able to know about that.
So, to disable telemetry in Windows 10 Mobile follow these instructions bellow.
Important: After implementing these instructions all services of telemetry and diagnostic will be disabled (including Windows Feedback).
- Interop Unlock your phone and install registry editor.
- Go to registry editor and in branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\DataCollection add 2 new keys of Integer type. The first – AllowTelemetry, set to , the second – DoNotShowFeedbackNotifications, set to 1. We added keys that disabled sending the telemetry and stopped the notifications from Windows Feedback. Perhaps, you can revert these changes by setting parameters back to 1 and 0, but this can’t work for 100%.
- In branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DiagnosticSvc set Start parameter to 4 (by default – 3).
- In branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DIAGTRACK set Start parameter to 4 (by default – 2).
- In branch HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FeedbackSvc set Start to 4 (by default – 3).
The important thing is that you cannot completely disable or delete these settings in your OS. The only thing you can do is to stop their autorun during OS boot. That is exactly what we did – we set Start parameter to 4, and this disabled its autorun. But in case you will run Windows Feedback app manually, this will also run all of these services. They will be working until next reboot. That’s all! Hope this will be useful for you!