In case you are facing error The program can’t start because msvbvm50.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem or This application has failed to start because msvbvm50.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem during the application run, you don’t need to look for and download this file from suspicious websites or DLL packs, you have an option to solve this problem in an easier way.
File msvbvm50.dll is a part of Visual Basic 5.0 Run-time library. Msvbvm50.dll missing errors can also occur during the application installation, when running application that uses msvbvm50.dll, during Windows boot and shutdown or even when installing the operating system itself. It can also occur because of msvbvm50.dll is damaged.
This time we will show you how to download msvbvm50.dll from the official Microsoft website and install it on Windows 10, 8 or Windows 7 and fix error when msvbvm50.dll missing.
How to Download MSVBVM50.DLL from Microsoft Website?
As always we want to mention that we don’t recommend you to download DLL libraries from suspicious unknown websites – in most cases there is an option on how to download it from official developer’s website.
File msvbvm50.dll is one of the libraries that are included in VB Runtime and needed to run many games and applications that are designed with the help of Visual Basic 5.
Visual Basic is a Microsoft’s product, so you can find a special utility which allows to install the necessary libraries including msvbvm50.dll. So, to download the needed file, follow the instructions below:
- Visit page and download Msvbvm50.exe;
- Run the downloaded file. After that it will install and register library MSVBVM50.DLL and other necessary files;
- After that the error msvbvm50.dll is missing will disappear.
Tip. If the above instructions didn’t help you to solve msvbvm50.dll issues – try to follow the next steps:
- Run the elevated Command prompt;
- Type in and run the following command for 64-bit OS (if you have 32-bit system – use path C:WindowsSystem32):
In case the problem still persists, try to use an additional information below, it can be quite useful.
- After the installation of Microsoft’s VB Runtime you can find file msvbvm50.dll in folder C:WindowsSystem32 (if you have 32-bit system) or in folder C:WindowsSysWOW64 (for 64-bit systems);
- Msvbvm50.exe downloaded from Microsoft official website can be opened by using most of the archivers and user can manually extract msvbvm50.dll from there;
- In case the application continues causing error, try to copy and move msvbvm50.dll to the same folder where the .exe file of the program or game is located in.