Today most of the people are using Android and most of them wants to keep their photos, videos or even their apps (like Whatsapp and others) safe and private. To achieve this, we often use App Lock, one of the most popular app for securing and making files private on Android. App Lock basically creates a lock which requires pass code or password to unlock and view files. But sometimes user can forget the password and then want to view files locked by App Lock without unlocking. Sometime users also lock File Manager and other apps which provide access to the files. In such cases they require a method to view files locked by App Lock without unlocking. Methods below will help you in case you don’t remember your password or pattern lock. So let’s start!
How to view files locked by App Lock without unlocking?
It’s important to notice that we are not going to use any cracks. Below are the two genuine methods to discover files which were locked accidentally.
This method can be used in case the device has sharing apps (like Shareit or SuperBeam) installed and which are not locked by App Lock, you can access these files using these Apps.
If sharing apps are also locked by App Lock, then you can use File Explorer which lets you to access files. Or you can install any new File Explorer or Sharing App from the Google Play Store which will help you to get an access.
- Open Google Play Store and install any of the sharing app (like Shareit, SuperBeam or Xender) or File Explorer (like ES File Explorer, File Explorer or File Manager).
- After downloading and installing apps, tap Cancel on the pop up asking App Lock to lock them.
- Now you can use them to access or view files locked by App Lock without unlocking.
To download ES File Explorer click here.
To download Xender click here.
If the above method did not help you, try to use the next one.
Method 2: Requires another Android smartphone
Another one Android smartphone can be used to send File Explorer or sharing app like Shareit, SuperBeam or Xender using Bluetooth. That will allow you to view locked files.
- Use another one Android device to send an apk file to device where files are locked (using Bluetooth);
- Once the files are sent, install the apk files and tap on cancel when prompted by App Lock to lock new app;
- Now use this app to access or view files locked by App Lock without unlocking.