Fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505 Android : Lots of people while updating android devices to lollipop version 5.0 have to face an unknown error 505 lollipop. Although this error 505 lollipop is new and mainly seen when you update your android device OS from kit-kat to android 5.0 lollipop. This error mainly affects the adobe AIR app mean this happens when you try to re-declare the existing permission. This cause is explained below. So lets start with some basics on how to Fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505 Android.
Android version 5.0 lollipop is the updated os for android devices. After updating your android devices to lollipop, now if you try to install any application now you may have to face this unknown error 505. In order to overcome this problem we are here to help you in order to give you some working solution so that android 5.0 lollipop devices users can overcome android unknown error 505. Below will tell you what is actually Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505.
What Is Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505 Android :
First of all we see what problems are created by this error. Google play unknown error 505 android version 5.0 come when you download specific application and after completing download if you try to install then this error come before installation completed. The main causes of this Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505 lollipop are :
- If you have certain application which is already install but its icon is missing and its file are hidden and now if you try to install the app then you will find this error 505 in android device. Now if you are thinking of uninstalling the hidden application. I would tell you that if the devices might not able to uninstall the app.
It looks like this :
Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505
Fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505 Android
Methods To Fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505 Android :
Source of error 505 android is still not known. But we bring some major solution in order to help you so that you cannot face this unknown error 505 in android version 5.0 during installation of any application. So try out solutions listed below to Fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505 Android:
Method 1 : Update Android Version
This error is a bug it can be removed by updating your lollipop version from android 5.0 to android 5.0.1. This error will get automatically fix in android 5.0.1. So, if are stuck on android 5.0 then update yourself to android 5.0.1 or a newer version. This is one of the software issue which will Fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505.
Method 2 : Refresh Your Phone
The first solution will definitely work. But if not try this one. When you install new OS to your device then after completion restore all factory data. For that,
- Go To : Setting –> Backup & Reset –> Factory data reset.
As i know every one of you have already tried this method to fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505. So, move to the next method or who haven’t tried this, try it because it is one of most basic and effective method.
Method 3 : Refresh Google Play Store
Here you’ll refresh your Google Play Store. This will definitely solve / Fix Google Play Store Unknown Error 505 Android. Let see here on How to do it.
- Go to: Settings –> Application Manager –> Google Play Store –> Force Stop.
- Go to: Settings –> Application Manager –> Google Play Store –> Clear Data.
- Go to: Settings –> Application Manager –> Google Play Store –> Clear Cache.
- Look for Google Service Framework (Google Play Services).
- Now Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Now you can use play store without getting any kind of error.
- Now Reboot your device and open Google play store.
If you are unable to fix / solve this issue using above method then try the below as this will definitely fix you issue.
Method 4 : Change Adobe Air Version
If you are using the Adove Air 15 version, and it is showing the error, try using Adobe Air 14 and create the APK with a captive runtime. This method is highly suitable and helpful who are having this Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505.
Method 5 : Android Debug Bridge
Use Adobe debug bridge (ADB) this may help you in uninstallation of app. Let me tell you very clearly before going to this option- this ADB is very sensitive before using it you must have the knowledge of ADB and developer options as if you do not follow correct procedure you may damage your device. So be careful while doing it.
Initially if you don’t have Android Debug Bridge, Install it in your PC from here. Download Here.
- Now install Android Debug Bridge. If you already have installed it in your pc then check the last step.
- Extract the file. This extracted file may be named as “adt-bundle-windows-x86_64-20140321”.
- For Example use –> C:/android-sdk-windows directory.
- Go to : above directory –> SDK manager –> Select Android SDK Platform Tools.
- Go to : Available Packages –> Third Party Add-ons –> Google Inc. add-ons –> check Google USB Drivers. Install.
- Close the SDK Manager.
- Go to : Start –> Control Panel –> System Properties –> Advance System Settings –> Environment Variables.
- Set the variables by clicking on Path and adding C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools in the Value Field.
- Click OK.
- Open your Android Phone –> Enable USB Debugging –> Connect it the PC Using USB.
- Go to : Command prompt –> Type adb devices.
- Note : If your device is listed there, it means you’ve successfully installed ADB.
- If your Device is not listed try the below method.
- Right click on My Computer –> Device Manager.
- Right click on the yellow exclamation mark in front of Unknown Device group –> Update Driver Software –> Browse –> Let Me Pick.
- Go to : C:\android-adk-windows\extras\google\usb_drivers –> Choose android_winusb.inf
- Install and reopen command prompt –> type adb devices.
This method is little bit of complex and a difficult than rest of them but this is highly effective and can help you allot to fix Unknown Error Code during Application Install 505.