Windows is one of the operating system which is used by most of the people in the world. After the recent update to Microsoft Windows which is Windows 10, Microsoft have changed some rules and privacy settings. These Privacy settings includes lots of features and things which are not good for you. Well, here you can save yourself and your data from any anonymous user. So here we’ll tell you about the tips and tricks on How to keep personal files safe in Windows 10. We know whatever you do is not up to the level of securing the data. So here we’ll tell you almost all the things which you can do to secure and keep personal files safe in Windows 10.
How to keep personal files safe in Windows 10
How to keep personal files safe in Windows 10 :
Windows 10 users are scared about their privacy, personal files and data. Well don’t worry guys here we are with the right methods, tips and tricks to help you secure and keep personal files safe in Windows 10. This will help you configure your privacy settings in Microsoft Windows 10.
Tip 1 : Install an Antivirus or Anti-malware
This is one of the most important thing. Install an authentic and pro version of anti virus and anti-malware to help secure your System. This will keep your system secure from virus and helps prevent unwanted installs and other things. Installing Anti virus and Anti-malware in the system will configure privacy in Windows 10 automatically.
Tip 2 : Configure the Privacy Setting
This is one of the most useful thing in securing the privacy of your data and files. You can follow these steps in securing your private and personal files and data. Look below for the steps. To manage these permissions, open your Start menu, type “privacy” and choose “Privacy settings.”
- Location : You can unable and disable the location access for specific application or disable location tracking entirely.
- Camera & Microphone : You can unable and disable the camera & Microphone access for specific application or disable camera & Microphone access entirely.
- Account Info : This is one of the most important thing as it is related to your account. Unable and disable the access as required.
- Contacts, Calendar, and Messages : Decide which app will use this data and enable or disable as required.
This tip is quite helpful and will help you to configure privacy in Windows 10.
Tip 3 : Link using Local Account
This is an important part where you have to change the access of your system to a local account. How to do it? Don’t worry, we’ll tell you. Look for the steps below.
- Go to : Start Menu –> search for Account –> Select Manage your account.
- Check if you had already used any local account. If you had already used one then don’t worry skip this tip else look for the step below.
- Click on the Sign in with a local account instead.
- Create a new login id and password.
- Now come back and logout your previous account and sign in with a local account with new login id and password.
Well this is all you can do to secure your private files and data in Microsoft Windows 10. This are some important things which you can do to help secure your privacy and keep personal files safe in Windows 10. All the above tricks will help you configure privacy in Windows 10.