How To Fix Error Code 80188301 in Windows Phones : Most of the people are currently updating their Windows Phones to the most updated Windows 10. But some of them are having problem while installing an update Windows 10 in Windows Phones. As you can see recently Windows have updated their Operating System for every System including Windows Phones and Computer Systems. So every one who has Windows Phones tries to update their Operating System to the latest Windows Operating System which is Windows 10. But they got this Windows Phone error code 80188301 appeared on the screen. This error code 80188301 in Windows Phones comes up many times and in different situation described below :
- While Installing Windows 10 in Windows Phone.
- When Installing an Update in Windows 10 Tech preview for Phones.
This Will show message like :
The Update was downloaded, but couldn’t be opened. (80188301)
As you can see both the cases include this error while updating Windows 10 or installing an update in Windows Phones. This error is also quite common when somebody tries to update. As i have seen that to solve or fix this error code 80188301 in Windows Phones, one has to attempt different methods. As this issue is not just because of a single error or problem. This error code can appear for different reasons and different issues. So for one has to attempt different methods to fix this issue.
Methods To Fix Error Code 80188301 in Windows Phones :
Here are some methods described which you have to test one by one. Among these three method, One will definitely fix this error code 80188301 in Windows Phones you are using.
Method 1 : Check Your Phone For the Technical Preview.
If the error appears in your case while installing an update in Windows 10 Tech Preview then you should first check if it is supported for your phone.
Check Your Phone.
To see which Windows Phone operating system version is installed on your phone, Go to : Settings > About > More info. If your device shows 8.10.14226.359 or greater, your device has this conflict. Devices with other OS versions do not.
Method 2 : Date and Time Method
Set your Date and Time Manually. See here on How to do it.
- Go to: Settings –> Date and Time.
- Uncheck Automatically Option.
- Set Date and Time Manually.
Check this Date and Time with the Server or Mobile Operator Time Zone. In most of the cases this method results to fix or solve this error code 80188301 in Windows Phones.
Method 3 : Reset the phone
Make sure before the reset you should make a complete backup of your device which will be helpful even when you’ll lose all your data. This Backup will be restored in your Phone once the Reset is done. Process of Backup of Windows Phones is also Shown Below.
Backup Windows Phone :
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “Backup”.
- Now Tap on “Apps + settings“.
- To Backup Your Settings, Tap on “Settings Backup”.
- To Backup Your Apps, Tap on “App Backup”.
Reset The Phone
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “About”.
- Tap on “Reset your Phone”.
- Now, two warning would prompt on your screen. Just tap “Yes” and move forward.
- You have successfully “Reset your Phone”.
Note : Make Sure you are connected to WiFi while Restoring.
Restore the Backup
- Set up your phone after Reset.
- Sign in using the same Microsoft account you used when you created your backup.
- When you’re prompted to restore your phone, tap on the backup you created just before Resetting Your Phone, then tap “Next”.
- If you’re asked to verify your account, provide the necessary security code and other options, then tap on “Next”.
- Wait for the restore to complete, then tap on “Next“.
- Enter passwords for your restored accounts, then tap on “Next”. And You have successfully reset your phone without losing any data.
Now, error code 80188301 in Windows Phones has also been solved.