How To Fix Error Code 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 : Windows is one of the most used and advanced operating system. Now every body is using Windows as their operating system. It is the platform which is very user friendly and easy to access anytime without any difficulty. But sometimes while accessing some application, users have to face some problems and errors. But this is highly common in every operating system even when you are using them on your portable device. One of the most annoying error users have to face these days while accessing some application including Games like Fifa, Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and many other games and application which are highly used by the people. So here I’m with the solution to Fix Error Code 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8, 8.1. This error 0xc000007b mainly appear when you try to open any application.
This error code 0xc000007b mainly appear like shown below but it can appear like anything but the solution to fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1 :
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application.
Fix Error Code 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8, 8.1
As mentioned above this error code 0xc000007b in windows appear while accessing any application. Actually this 0xc000007b error is basically due to Microsoft Visual C++, Direct X and .NET Framework issue but it doesn’t mean that it is due to these issues only. So lets start with the methods to fix error code 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8, 8.1.
Methods To Fix Error Code 0xc000007b in Windows 7, 8, 8.1 :
Here are some methods described which you have to test one by one. Among these method, One will definitely fix this error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1. Firstly try all these things before trying these below methods first install any antivirus genuine as sometimes this is due to some virus in your computer sometime.
Method 1 : Re-install The Application
This method is simply but it is helpful for allot of people who had this problem. All you got to do is to re-install the application in which you are having this problem.
- Firstly, Uninstall the application.
- Restart the Computer.
- Re-install the Application in which you had this issue.
Re-install other application which are sometimes the cause of this error like Microsoft Visual C++, Direct X and .NET Framework. Re-install the latest version of all these apps. This will be helpful for your System too.
Download the Latest .Net Framework From Here.
Download the Latest Microsoft Visual C++ From Here.
Note : Download Latest version of the above downloads as per your Microsoft Windows 64-Bit and 32-Bit Version.
Method 2 : Running The Application as an Administrator
Sometimes this error occurs due to the application running process. This error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1 is sometime fixed by using this method.
- Right Click on the Application .exe File.
- Click on the option Run as administrator.
Method 3 : Check Your Hard Disk
Most of these causes are due to hard disk issue and can be resolved by checking your hard disk. To fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1 you have to check your disk. All you need to do is to follow some certain steps explained below.
- Run Command Prompt as administrator in your System.
- Search For the cmd.exe in the search bar.
- For Windows 7 – Click on the Start Button in the left bottom corner and type cmd.exe in the search bar.
- For Windows 8 – Press the .Search key and type cmd.exe.
- Right Click on the cmd.exe and click on Run as administrator.
- After running the command prompt as administrator. Type chkdsk c: /f /r and press enter.
- It your windows is installed in C drive then it will ask you to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N).
- Type Y and press enter.
Now when you restart the windows it will check the disk during system restart. This will surely fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1.
Method 4 : Fix Compatibility Issue Between System and Application
Sometime the application you are using is not compatible with your system due to some file or any other issue. To fix this kinda issue all you got to do is to follow the steps explained below. This is basically effective for the Games which requires high system configuration like Fifa, Far Cry, Assassins Creed, Call of Duty and many other games.
Run Application in Compatibility Mode :
- Right click on Application icon –> Click on Properties.
- Click on Compatibility tab.
- Check-up the box named “Run this program in compatibility mode for“.
- In the drop-down menu that enables, select an earlier version of Windows.
- Click Apply, and then OK.
Check Application Permission :
- Open Application installation folder. Open C:\Program Files (x86)\Application Folder
- Right click Application folder –> Click on Properties.
- Click Security tab.
- Check-up Full control. Check the checkbox inside the Allow column.
- Click Apply, and then OK.
Now you are done. This will fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1 or any of the above mentioned method will fix error code 0xc000007b in windows 7, 8, 8.1.