How to block websites on Network Router and computer: As you, all know some website create problem like virus in your system, some website contain exploits contents, also some websites try to steal your data. Likewise, there are many reasons for which you need to block the websites in your computer, on mac, or on your network router. If someone lose, data from his or her system then it is difficult to recover. Below steps will tell you about how to block websites on Network Router and computer. This article contains systematic procedure so that you can block a websites on your computer, on network router or on your Mac.
How to block websites on Network Router and computer:
Procedure to Block websites on Network Router:
Not all routers but some are having the user-friendly interface. Therefore, to provide user- friendly interface you can block some website, which can damage your system also if you want your children away from adult contents. This method is universal and will tell you How to block websites on Network Router and computer totally. These steps, which are listed below, are tried on MTNL network. So, try these steps on other and let us know whether it works or not.
NOTE: it may happen that if you accidently change wrong setting then you may lose your connection. In that case, call your ISP immediately. In addition, these steps may vary from router to router but these basic step listed below might be same.
Let gets started with our steps:
- Firstly, open router settings.
You can do it by opening any browser and type ” 192.168.1.1 “ in address bar. If this address does not works –> then check address on ISP document.
- Now type the user id and password. During installation default user id: admin and password: password or user id: admin and password: admin) respectively. You will now see the router setting.
- Now go to access management and –> then tap on filter.
In our MTNL, we find in filter to block a website but on other, you will find in different destination.
- Then in filter –> go to URL filter –> here you have to type the URL of website, which you want to block.
You can block 256 websites on MTNL network but as we say it may varies from router to router.
Read More: How to block websites on iPhone and Android.
Procedure to Block websites on Computer:
For Windows User:
We try blocking websites on window 7. DNS system is the key for your internet. It translate adresses like “www.google.com” into their IP addresses. To block websites in windows you have to just follow these steps.
- Sign in with admin account in your PC
- Open Explorer And Then go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
- Here find a file with a name hosts. Open it in note pad.
- At the end, you see these words in host file-“# 127.0.0.1. localhost” and “#::1. localhost“
- From the next line, type the blocking website, which you want to block. Let us take an Example –”127.0.0.1 www.blocked websitename.com“.
NOTE:- If you cannot able to edit in hosts. Then follow these steps.
Right click on hosts –> go to properties –> click security –> click administrator account –> then select edit –> now select account in the pop-up –> tick full control –> then click apply –>yes –> ok to all pop-ups.
- Enter the list of websites, which you want to block –> then save it and close the hosts.
- Reboot your system and now try to open blocked websites. You will see that you cannot able to open it now.
For MAC Users:
- Go to application –> utilities –> then open terminal.
- Here you have to type sudo nano/etc/ hosts –> press enter –> you will see a prompt here you have to type user id and password.
- By doing this you have open etc/hosts in text editor –> Type the block website name example- “127.0.0.1 www.blocked websitename.com” –> enter all websites which you want to block in each separate line.
- Now save it by pressing ctrl+x and y.
- Restart your system to make sure that websites are blocked.
Above article is about how to block websites on Network Router and computer. This guide will help you in blocking website on your network router, windows and Mac. Try these and let us know that whether these are working on every device or not. Share your experience with us.