You might think that why there is a need to block websites as some websites tries to steal your personal data also, some websites contains explicit contents and some websites contains viruses, which certainly not good for your devices. If you think, you will found several reasons why you need to block certain websites on your devices. Several reasons you might like to know why you need to block the website are due to security and privacy purpose, those children using iPhone, any android devices their parents wants them to restrict their access to kid friendly sites only. Therefore, to provide you information this article contains words on How to block website on iPhone and android.
There are different ways by which you can protect your system and phones. Therefore, we are enlightening some steps how to block website on iPhone and android and the entire operating system. they are listed below.
How to block website on iPhone and android:
You can block a websites by two procedures. For blocking sites, you need two things text editor and file manager. You can find both things in ES file explorer. The first procedure is:
1. Firstly, install ES file explorer and open it. Download ES file explorer below the steps.
2. Then tap “/” button > tap on “System”>tap on “etc”.
3. Now you see “Host” file tap it > in popup menu tap “Text”> then you see “ES note editor”> tap it.
4. In this on the top right corner you see three dots> tap it> then tap “edit”.
5. Now in this type “127.0.0.1 www.Blockwebsite.com” for which site you want to block.
6. Reboot your android devices.
Download ES File Explorer File Manager here.
Second procedure you can follow if you find above procedure difficult. You can install anti-virus app such as trend micro, which can be use to block the devices.
- Install app > open it> go to options> safe surfing.
- Go to Parental control > create account > go to option known as blocking list in app > tap it > and add site.
Download Trend Micro here.
In it you cannot fully block the site but by installing AVG secure browser it will automatically block malicious websites, if you purchase AVG anti-virus and create account then you will able to customize block list.
For iOS user some easy steps by which you can block websites for you iPhone and iPad security purposes. Step for blocking the websites are as follow:
- Turn on iPhone and IPad
- Go to setting > General > then tap on the restrictions.
- Now in it tap enable restrictions > set the password which ever you like.
- After entering password scroll down and in allowed content, tap on websites.
- Under this, block websites in which you want to block.
- If you want to block websites for your children, you can block it by selecting limit adult contents.
- Tap on add websites and type websites url and you can block the website.
- You can now type the website url in your smartphone and you can see that the website will be blocked.
Hope this article helps you and you have learn How to block website on iPhone and android for security and privacy purpose.