Nowadays more and more users choose smartphones with Android operating system. As an Android enthusiasts, we can say that it is one of the best operating system in the world, and Google is behind the brand. Google provides a lot of great things in the world including apps, products, operating system and everything you know. But sometimes few of the things are unnoticed while developing such a big thing. One of them is the Error 500 in Android while downloading Apps from Google Play Store. So, today we are going to show you how to solve this problem.
What is Error 500 in Android smartphone?
This error occurs when someone try to download any app from Google Play Store. Most often, users facing with this error while trying to download apps from Play Store using Mobile Internet. Whenever you face this problem, you will notice an annoying pop up message on your screen:
“App_Name” Could not be downloaded due to an error (500).
If you are facing this error, you can fix it by following the step by step guide below.
Methods to fix Error 500 in Android
Method 1: Re-Setup APN
First of all you have to reboot your smartphone before performing any of the methods (because rebooting sometimes solves all the problems). But in case even after reboot this problem is not resolved, you should re-setup your APN.
- Go to Settings -> Wireless and Networks -> Mobile Networks.
- Go to Access Point Names (APN) -> Clear the Proxy.
Method 2: Refresh Google Play Store
Here you need to refresh your Google Play Store. This can fix the error, so let’s try this method too:
- Go to Settings –> Application Manager –> Google Play Store –> Force Stop.
- Go to Settings –> Application Manager –> Google Play Store –> Clear Data.
- Go to Settings –> Application Manager –> Google Play Store –> Clear Cache.
- Look for Google Service Framework (Google Play Services).
- Now Clear Data and Clear Cache.
- Now reboot your device and open Google Play Store.
- Now you can use Play Store without getting any kind of errors.
Method 3: Re-Add your Google Account
If your problem is still not solved or fixed by the above methods, then you need to try another method — re-add your Google account (this must fix the issue and also refresh your phone). Let’s take a look on how to do it:
- Go to Settings –> Accounts.
- Go to Google Account –> Remove Account.
This will remove your account from the phone. Now reboot your device and re-add your account as asked by the Android. Before rebooting, make sure that you already performed the Method 2 once again after removing Google Account. And then try to reboot your Android Phone. This method is highly effective in case you want to fix Error 500 in Android while downloading apps from google play store.